Wednesday 22 August 2007

Phases of Disney





While raising three kids, I have been through a lot of phases with Disney. I remember when Shawn was in love with the Little Mermaid at age 5. He watched that movie over and over again. I decided then we would own every Disney movie ever sold, because he loved it so much.
I gave up on that collection a few years later.


When Kori came along we had the DISNEY CHANNEL. That was big time. She was hooked on Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens and re-runs of Boy Meets World (she still thinks that Cory & Topanga are real and anything she needs to know about life, they can teach her).


Will has so many options for TV these days. He loves fishing & hunting shows, but in between them, he loves to watch Disney too. He likes Cory In The House, Hannah Montana and of course the popular Disney movies, High School Musical.


Since I LOVE TV as much as the next couch potato, I have always viewed the shows with my kids. But, this last phase I think is my favorite. I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ( I & II). Will begged me to watch the first one with him and when I did, I was hooked. We couldn't wait to see #2 come out. We even had our own little premier party. Even though Kori laughed at us and wouldn't stay home to party with us, she wanted to make sure we were recording it.


I can't count how many times we have watched this movie since Friday night. The attraction for us is all the music and dancing.


My favorite song of both movies is BREAKING FREE. I guess because I have started (again) the Bible Study BREAKING FREE and I can apply some of the words in the song to how God wants us to break free from the bondage of sin. How He helps us to break free from what the world wants us to be.


If you get a minute, watch Troy & Gabriella. They are sooooooo cute! Then ask God to show you if you have strongholds in your life that keep you from soaring & flying with Him. Then,...Break Free!!!






No comments: