Wednesday 15 August 2007

Grace in the Boondocks

Those who know me know that I have always been of the mind set that Christians should only listen to Contemporary Christian music. You can imagine how this goes over with teenagers.
Recently Christ set me free from legalism. He is showing me that He died so I could live by grace and not a bunch of rules.
I heard this group, Little Big Town, on Rick and Bubba one day, and I liked their music. It didn't take Kori long to react, and she bought me the CD for my birthday. I love it.
Don't get me wrong, I am still in love with CC music and I am very careful what I allow into my mind in the ways of music. But, I like this little group. I like this song too. Maybe 'cause I was raised in the boondocks.
You know... Christ can set you free too.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh....I like it!
rg

~Donna~ said...

I like them too!...did you know they all went to Samford!?! They're all home-folk! :)

Anonymous said...

OH . . . I SEE!!!!!! What do you mean, "go over with teenagers?" You have given me the hardest time about my music for forever! But, I forgive you and so much so that I will go on out and get you a Cher CD. I love you,
:Yeah - and you love me too

Katrina

Sheila Lackey said...

K - I knew you would comment on this post. And I can't stop laughing. Yes, I have given you a hard time, and I think I gave Amber a hard time too.
I can promise you one thing...they all have their clothes on in the picture on my cd. Why don't you turn off naked Cher and call me sometimes.
As far as the teenage comment..they don't want to listen to CCM no more than you did/do!
And... I do love you.

Anonymous said...

I like that song but have never seen the video. I love the racecar on the trailer! Reminds me of my home :)

~Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber,
Did you notice JR when he steps down off the race car trailer? I was showing the video to KB yesterday and said that looked like JR!!
rg