Sunday 1 July 2007

I Survived Kid's Camp at Shocco Springs!




All glory be to God!!! I not only survived but had a great time


at kid's camp. If you have never experienced Student Life For Kid's Camp, you need to. Student Life does an awesome job. I was so impressed.



My kids told me before we left to make sure that I was fun because, as they said, "You sometimes are a party pooper". ME??? I thought I was anything but a party pooper.



I have always loved large crowds and the louder the better.


Isn't that what a party is all about. But around day 2 of camp I realized that somewhere between raising Shawn & Kori and now Will, I have indeed become somewhat of a pooper. Poor Will. Again he gets the leftovers.







WHEN DID I GET SO OLD? In my heart I am still that 29 year old mom who loves to act like a kid! But now, at almost 44, I realize my body doesn't handle the heat, the hills and the lack of sleep like I used to. Well, if I am honest, I have never done well in heat, but better than now.






However, I can't remember being so excited to see 2 kids in our group come to know Jesus as their Savior!!!! That is one thing that gets better with age. As I get older, I realize more and more the importance of coming to Christ with a child like faith. It was awesome to see this group of kids worship Jesus and grow closer to Him this week.



So...will I go back next year? I will be another year older however. You better believe it!! There will be new kids that need to be led to Christ. I will be honored to help show


them the way....if Mrs. Debbie will let this party pooper go back.
































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stick to my guns and say that you are not old and you are not a party pooper.....YOU ARE THE PARTY everywhere you go!!!
rg

Anonymous said...

Great work.