Tuesday 24 July 2007

Where did my Baby go?



Kori at 2 years old


Kori at 7 years old


Kori now!


Yesterday I registered Kori, my 17 year old, for her senior year of school. Her last year of school, I can't believe it!! It seems like only yesterday she was that stubborn 2 year old, demanding her own way. Ok, maybe not like yesterday (yesterday she was begging to go meet her boyfriend) but for sure last year.

In the middle of two ADD boys, Kori has always been mommy's girl. Don't get me wrong, she loves her daddy, and I love my boys. But she and I have always been bud's. We even wrote a song about it:

Buds, buds, friends forever
Buds, buds, through any kind of weather
Buds, buds, we will always be together
Buds, buds, buds!

Ok, now I am crying. Not because we are no longer buds, because we still are. Not because it cost me $247 to register her for school, 'cause I would have give $1,247 to keep her for one more year if it would work. I am crying because I am so proud of the woman she is becoming.

Kori has truly been a blessing to us. She loves a list! She always has, so let me close by giving you the top 10 reasons Kori is a blessing:

10. She loves it when people KNOW her.
9. Her best friend is her cousin Maddison.
Maddison was born when Kori was was 10 months old. I told her then
Maddison would be her best friend and Maid of Honor. Done.
8. She loves pasta. Any kind, but her favorite is Penne with Alfredo sauce.
7. She can't stand to think I am mad at her.
6. She is the most forgiving person I know, but she never forgets.
5. She looks like me and her daddy at the same time.
4. She is very protective of the ones she loves, especially her brothers and grandmothers.
3. She has a heart for missions, and adopted a child through Compassion International.
2. She has always wanted to be at least 2 years older than she is.
1. She loves the Lord and plans to always serve Him!

I love you Kori! I hope you have a great Senior Year,
Mommy




1 comment:

~Donna~ said...

She-leah!...I read this post and read through that "Buds" song one time...well, I started cleaning my house and that song stuck with me the WHOLE day (I don't know ya'lls little tune for it, but I sure made one up)! It was like the song that never ended...