Saturday 1 December 2007

It's Official...


There is something about getting those senior portraits that makes her being a senior... real.



When I looked at this picture for the first time, so many thoughts ran through my mind. "She is so pretty", " I am so proud of her", "That smile cost me a lot of money", "These pictures cost me a lot of money", " Where are her freckles, I didn't tell them to remove her freckles", " I am so glad I didn't talk her into cutting her hair", "Where is my baby, I want my baby back", "Your job here is almost done", "Gosh I'm old", "two down, one to go". All these thoughts keep running through my mind.



When Shawn graduated I couldn't wait to get his picture framed and on the wall. I was so proud and excited. I remember Amber came over and helped me hang pictures one day. When she hung Shawn's portrait she said "now when Kori has her portrait made, move this one over and put hers beside it". I remember thinking..." that will be a long time so I am not worried about that right now". How time flies!



Today, as I look at this picture, I am praying for her. I am asking God to continue to bring back to her mind everything that I have taught her the last 17 years. I am asking Him to give her complete assurance of His will for her life and a desire to walk with Him daily. I am asking Him to protect her and to surround her with people who will love and respect her and share her desire to be Godly. I am even praying for her spouse today. I am asking God to raise him up to be a man of integrity and love. One who is a man after God's own heart.



Surprisingly, I am not sad today. I am sure that will change on May 22nd (day of graduation). It may even change when the announcements come in. But for today, I am excited for her. It is time for Kori to begin the next chapter of her life. I look forward to watching her grow from this point.


2 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Awww..how purdy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful girl!
~Amber