Monday 11 June 2007

A New Addition to Our Family


Friday night at 11:00 p.m. my phone rang. It was Kori. She was at youth camp in Panama City Beach, Florida. She said "Momma, I hope you are not asleep, but I just had to tell you something. I just adopted a little girl".
I knew exactly what she meant. She had been telling me the speaker suported Compassion International's program for financially supporting children in other countries. She informed me she planned on adopting a child from Peru. Kori's best friend, Becky, is originally from Peru, so her heart is tender toward this area. I told her I thought it was a great program, but to consider the financial comittment she was making, with emphasis on the "SHE". She said she understood, and really felt like this is what God was calling her to do.
So.... I was not surprised by her announcement of adoption. I was surprised, however, when she declared that the little girl she adopted was not from Peru, but from Bolivia. I later shared with Kori that some of our friends from church were planning a mission trip to Bolivia. We were convinced then, this adoption WAS indeed of the Lord.
Please pray for our new addition, Pamela Tapia. She is 5 years old and lives with her mother in Bolivia. Pray that Kori will learn all the lessons God has for her through this adoption. Pray that it will be easy for her to fulfill the financial obligations. Pray that God will be glorified through Compassion International. Pray for the missionaries in Bolivia.
The last thing Kori said on the phone that night was "I am sorry to call so late, but I feel like I just had a baby, I had to tell you!" I am so proud of her!

3 comments:

TammieFay said...

Does'nt it just bless your heart and cause you to fall more in love with Jesus when you see Him at work in the lives of your children?! Wow! Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by...come back anytime!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How does it feel to be a Grandmother? I know you are proud of Kori. I am.
rg

Lucy said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog. "Panama City Beach" immediately caught my attention in your post. My mother was born and raised in Panama City. I lived there for a while with my dad. I haven't been in Panama City in 13 years, but I love it!