Tuesday 13 May 2008

When...

did this little girl...









turn into this young lady?












Or this one...











when did she become this person...












And please, will someone tell me why I can't stop crying when I see this image?










I remember exactly the moment this picture was taken. She was 2 years old and bringing new meaning to the term "the terrible two's". This pose was not planned. She was mad because the photographer took so many pictures and I kept changing her clothes. I walked away exhausted from fighting with her and wondering if it was worth it. Let me say to all you mothers who are fighting with 2 & 3 year olds to get a good picture....IT IS WORTH IT!!!!!
Last night was Kori's last choir concert. She is in a show choir at school called "Madrigals". We had a hard time holding back the tears. The music was beautiful and so was she. I looked at Jeff as I was trying to hold back the tears and speak through this huge lump in my throat, I muttered,
"She grew up so fast, didn't she?" And his reply was " I love her and I don't ever want her to leave us, but she did not grow up fast...It seems like we have been at these things forever." I had to laugh. Typical man response after sitting through a music program that included 22 songs and lasted for almost 2 hours. But, it didn't stop my tears. I could have listened to the Madrigals sing all night, because I knew this was her last concert with them. I am afraid that these tears are the first of many during the next 2 weeks.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes.....and it's okay. Just try to relax and enjoy these special times. It's only the beginning.
rg

Darlene said...

I have tears as I read your post. I know exactly what you are going through. Yearbooks came our Friday. I was showing Joey Andrea's senior page and he said I can't look...if I do I will cry. I just smiled. I thought I would be the only one with tears. But, it does affect the DAD's too. Friday is Honors Day for us and I am sure there will be lots of tears.
Thanks for sharing..