Friday 2 May 2008

Graduation Count Down...


Yesterday, Kori came home from school with her graduation cap and gown. I can't believe it! The past 18 years have flown by, really. It is hard for her to understand when I try to explain that it seems like yesterday she was just starting school. I specifically remember her first day of school. I remember vividly the scared look on her face. I remember what she was wearing! And in only 20 days she will be wearing a cap and gown, graduating from High School. Graduating from my Alma Mater. It is so hard to believe.
Am I sad? Not today (that may change in 15 - 20 days). Today, I am so stinking excited for her, it is overpowering any sadness I feel. I am excited for what God has in store for her. I know He has big plans for her life, not sure what they are, but I know HE KNOWS and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Girl....I am with you on this. We have been so busy getting out the invitations, plannin the reception after graduation etc. Crazy!! Things are getting better with Andrea...keep praying for us. I have mixed feelings. Laugh, cry, Laugh, cry. The songs will make you cry and the slide shows. It is all worth it tho. Andrea is graduating from my Alma Mater too. She only has 1 week of classes left and she is finished. YEAH!!!