Tuesday 30 October 2007

Royalty?





I have already admitted that I am a news junkie. I also have another strange obsession, I love to watch or read anything concerning royalty. Not so much the gossip, but I have always wanted to know what life is like inside the palace. I have the same obsession with the President. I like to watch interviews of the First Family in the living quarters at the White House. I have always wanted to know how the "other side" lives. Crazy, I know. Even when I was a little girl watching Mr. Rogers, I loved when we took the train ride to that pretend land, and the King would come out and talk to the people. I always wanted them to take us inside the castle (and before you ask, yes I know they are only puppets and not real) and look around.

When Princess Diana passed away, you can imagine how my interest was sparked (that is a very mild way of saying, "how obsessed I was") by the royals being in the news. Oh my goodness, I was glued to Fox News for days. I even woke up in the middle of the night, so I could watch her funeral procession live! My children still tease me about it today.

This morning during my Bible study, God showed me something that really spoke to me.
I have been going through a rough patch lately, and I ask God to minister to me in a way that would be real. He did. I read in 2 Samuel 13, about how King David's daughter was raped by her brother. She was so upset that she tore her clothes, placed ashes on her head, and lived the rest of her life desolate. She was still the King's daughter, a Princess, royalty, but she didn't live like a Princess.

I realize this morning, that I am just as important to the King of Kings as Princess Diana, George Bush, Jenna or Barbara Bush, Queen Elizabeth or anyone else who has ever been in the living quarters of the White House or inside Buckingham Palace.
I am a daughter of the King! I am royalty!
How sweet that God would use this lesson today to speak to me. He knows me so well!

As Christians, we need to start acting like royalty. Not in a arrogant way, but in a way that we carry ourselves with diginity so it will show the glory of the King.
We need to live like we believe we are a handpicked child of the King. Beth Moore says, "If you are not royalty, then He is not the King". We need to stop walking around depressed, complaining, defeated and in bondage and start living like the royal kids we are!

Christ came to bestow on us a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
Put on your crown today and live like a royal. If you know Jesus, you are!

5 comments:

Claire Kennedy said...

I have enjoyed your blog.

God Bless,
Claire Kennedy

Anonymous said...

You and Jamie have a lot in common...she loves the news, too. I'm thankful to have His royal blood flowing through my veins.
Great post.
rg

Anonymous said...

Why are so many Christians so boring??? God told you that you were royalty? So you think you should start acting like royalty? Just grow up and be an adult!

Anonymous said...

1 Peter 2:9 :" But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

Sheila Lackey said...

To Anonymous:
You are right, I have become boring but it is not because I am a Christian. I think it is because I am older, and having fun is not on the top of my priority list these days.
However....my God is NOT BORING! He is the most exciting ride I have ever been on. He is exciting and fun while being dependable and trustworthy.I hope one day I can be just like Him. But most of all, He loves you more than you know.
I would love to tell you more about Him, tell me how to email you so I can prove to you how exciting He is!
Thanks for checking out my blog!