Wednesday 5 September 2007

Happy Birthday Shawn!

Happy Birthday to my oldest child, Shawn.

Today Shawn is 24 years old. I can't believe it.


I was 24 years old when I first met him. I still remember the first time I saw him. He was a sweet little 3 year old with a bigger vocabulary than most men. He would say and do anything and I fell in love with him before I ever fell in love with his dad. He taught a young, naive girl, who thought she knew everything already, how to be a mother. Sometimes I feel like we grew up together. It was definitely on the job training! I hope he has forgotten all the mistakes I made, and if not, I hope he never let's me hear about it on Oprah.





Since we seem to be into lists these days here is a list of the reasons I love Shawnie!





10. He is still so stinking cute!


9. He is bigger than me and gives a great bear hug.


8. He still says "yes ma'am".


7. He still watches cartoons and wants toys for Christmas.


6. He plays with his little brother.


5. He is protective of his little sister and doesn't want her to know it.


4. He thinks SpongeBob is the coolest guy around, even on his b'day cake.


3. He still says daddy when all his friends and siblings say dad.


2. He can sing better than any American Idol I have ever heard! Really!


1. He acknowledges that God has gifted him, and knows He has a plan for his life!





Stroll down memory lane with me if you will......I told you he was cute.





On what he called "Our Wedding" Day.






Getting ready with Daddy (His dad looks pretty good too).






5 years old






Again with Daddy






And now. What a good looking man he has become!



I love you Shawnie Boy! Thank you for letting me be your mom. It is my honor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAWN!!
~Amber

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Shawn!!! I miss you.
rg

Jessie said...

I know you're probably wondering..."why is she up at 12:30 a.m.?" and "she never posts on her blog!!!" Yes, these things are true. Bad weather = late nights and web surfing. I'm a bad blogger and haven't kept up with everyone. But when I saw this post I HAD to comment! HAHAHA!!!! These pictures are hilarious!!!!!!!