Thursday 14 February 2008

Happy Valentines Day!


What else is there to think on today, the day of LOVE! I am so thankful for the love that I receive from my Valentine, my sweet husband, Jeff. He lets me know every Valentines Day how much he loves me. The first thing he said to me today was "I love you, Happy Valentines Day!". It made me feel so good (as good as you can feel at 4:30 in the morning).
But, love is more than a good feeling. It is a verb. It means doing and showing every day. Throughout scripture we are assured of God's love and reminded that the proof of God's love is that Christ died for us. Love is not meant to make us feel good, but to motivate us to respond to others in a way that show's His love for us.
How can you think of Valentines Day today without looking at what John had to say about love. 1 John 3:1 says " What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it - we're called children of God! That's who we really are." (The Message) He loved us so much, He calls us His children! Can you think of a greater love? The creator of all things, all things I love, like the beach, my children, the mountains, HE LOVES ME AND CALLS ME HIS CHILD!!!!! What love!
Let us love today not only in word or tongue, but in deed and truth (v18). Let us today show the love of God by sharing that love with others. The love that only He can give. The love that saved me from my sins and guarantees me a life forever with Him.
Happy Valentines Day! I LOVE you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can think about is John 15:13..."Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends." I'm thankful to be His friend.
Happy Valentine's Day, Sheila!
I love you.
rg

Darlene said...

Happy Valentines!!
Thanks for the encouragement. You are right. I can't give up and I must BELIEVE!!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

Happy V-day!
~Amber